According to the Lung Association, 15 to 20 per cent of the Canadian population have respiratory issues, such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, and allergies. Several hundred chemicals can be used to make ONE scented product. Reactions to these chemicals may include shortness of breath/wheezing, headaches and migraines, nausea and muscle pain, and cold-like symptoms. All staff, students, and visitors are kindly asked to refrain from or minimize the use of scented products, especially perfume and cologne, as they can result in adverse effects on the health of others. For more information, see Board Policy and Procedure #661.0, Anaphylactic Reactions.
Thank you for your support. Should you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Crossley or Ms. Murray