School Council Nomination Forms are due in the office this Friday! Please consider putting your name forward for a position on School Council!
Process and Timeline for 2015-2016 School Council Elections
- Prior to September 18th, 2015 (due date for nomination forms), any parent / guardian who would like to be one of the 15 voting members are asked to complete the nomination form located in the School Start Up Package or in the office at W.J. Watson (orange/salmon coloured paper).
- The nomination forms are due back to the school by Friday, September 18th, 2015, no later than 3:30 pm.
- If there are more than 15 interested parents / guardians (membership maximum according to the constitution), a vote will be necessary. In this case, the members of the school community will receive information about the voting process. The nominee’s names and profiles will be posted in the school in the event of an election and the names of nominees will be shared by e-mail to the school community.
- If all members are acclaimed, announcement of the new School Council members will be made immediately following candidates notification.
- Following the formation of the 2015-2016 School Council, members who wish to run for an executive position must make their intent known, in writing. Forms and dates will be provided to the 15 School Council Members to be completed for distribution to the School Council Members prior to the election.
- Candidate profiles for the executive positions will be sent out to the 15 voting members via e-mail prior to the first school council meeting and executive election.
- The election for the executive positions will take place during a closed meeting 30 minutes prior to the start of the first council meeting on Thursday October 1st, 2015.
- The results of the election of the executive positions will be included in the W.J. Watson E-Bulletin to the school community.